labels

real-life convos (240) pictures (185) news (165) tv (64) animals (56) cricket (56) reviews (51) books (50) to knit (46) ideas (42) musically (41) lists (36) dreams (35) youtube (22) color-raped (19) texts (19) pranks (14) gaming (10) anniversary posts (7)

Saturday, January 21, 2012

oh, there's my chair.

Walked across my room in pitch black. So, hope you get my joke with the title and all.

Just finished Ham on Rye by Charles Bukowski. I don't know why Literature Professors are so down on him. Just because he's not symbolic does not mean he doesn't have something to say. I especially love the ending page. I think it has a lot to say. There's a poem Bukowski wrote, My Old Man, that seems to be featured in this novel. It was eerie. I've read that poem a couple dozen times and that, I don't know. It's trivial why that was such a big moment for Bukowski.

Now, I have to find the stomach to finish Women. The whole popping of the pimples to be sexually aroused is just gross. I don't know, maybe I'm weird.

Been listening to Too Afraid to Love You by The Back Keys for the past hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment