labels

real-life convos (240) pictures (185) news (165) tv (64) animals (56) cricket (56) reviews (51) books (50) to knit (46) ideas (42) musically (41) lists (36) dreams (35) youtube (22) color-raped (19) texts (19) pranks (14) gaming (10) anniversary posts (7)

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Ode To Female Readers


Men have done nothing but make me feel guilty for the way I look. Year after year they sneer at me, or make fun of my weight, or my face, or any part they feel would hurt me more in the moment. I am not saying girls are innocent, but women, most of our gender, seem to think men could only love with an image on it. So, we douse ourselves in make-up and perfume, change our clothes to show cleavage so the idiot cannot take us seriously.

Please, gentlemen, I know you are not all like this. I have met boys in my short lifetime that have proven me wrong, but they are not what women naturally want. They are not the douchebags, or the studly man who feels as if he is entitled to something - they are the blokes we see our guilty-selves in.

Women, we all change our weight so he couldn't feel "disgusted" in bed, or "disgusted" if he touches us. Are we all not guilty of that thought? I know I am. I know if I eat around certain men that they look at me weirdly and their jaws twitch. I feel as if I do not eat a little amount that I am proving what they are thinking: that I am disgusting. Recently, though, under much self-induced pressure, I consider myself less caring than when we were all children - unknowing to different classes of weight until we learned it from television, peers, or family.

Women, men are simply there. They are not what make the world turn. What I would not give to show women of the past what we are today. We have choices, and reasoning. We no longer have to fit an image and live by it - thinking that is all we are worth - to pop out more and more boys. Without us, there would be no them.

Homo sapiens are a species - a mammal on this earth that was made to breed, but we have evolved. Our cranial size surpasses that of our ancestors for a reason. We wanted to learn, to move out of the forest and better ourselves. Humans steadily continue to make lives easier with technology, entrusting our lives in it. Yet, how is it that we can duplicate another living being, but not see that gender is not what makes us weaker?

We are plagued with changing hormones to make a human life. We are plagued with the "moon's cycle" and having to be worried if he will agree to put on a condom, because that is all we want in the moment - to feel wanted by that one boy. For one fleeting moment we want him to be thinking only of you and how wonderful that one fleeting moment truly is.

Men, I am not saying women are forever innocent. I meet some that ruin what I am trying to translate in my own words. Some are manipulative, crude, and abusive. We all have our faults, but I am looking at the bigger picture. Those women are never alone, no matter which perspective you are trying to look. No matter if the guy is just as abusive as her, they are never alone and never feel as if they can be. Some, I believe, just need to feel as if someone will want to see them every day.

I wish I could prove to many female lives that men are not what make them, but how they live their life with how strong they are.

4 comments:

  1. So different than your view on women Saturday night. I won't elaborate because this post is really well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fallon - I was just thinking of differnet things and then I read some Sylvia Plath before my shower, haha. She inspired me to write this, but this isn't the first time I have written down thoughts like these - just the first time I put them out for public. Which reminds me: I have to send you my play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! I was wondering what reminded you to email that :P Lol, that's funny.

    ReplyDelete