labels

real-life convos (240) pictures (185) news (165) tv (64) animals (56) cricket (56) reviews (51) books (50) to knit (46) ideas (42) musically (41) lists (36) dreams (35) youtube (22) color-raped (19) texts (19) pranks (14) gaming (10) anniversary posts (7)

Sunday, August 26, 2012

End of Summer Vacation


As the summer's end is in sight (I can see it out my window), I have come to terms with my summer. It's been a busy summer and I have much to recollect on to let people realize what all I have accomplished:

KNITTING
Holy fuck, didn't I do a lot of knitting. (See, that was a statement, not a rhetorical question.) I have to say I put my mad skillz to the test and finished a truckload of shit. Not that I'm complaining. I did more knitting this summer than I probably have when I didn't have college or the hours at a job.

See, it all started with my sister's sweater which took me an entire year to finish knitting. From there it progressed to my sister wanting Kyle's hat from South Park (which I had to improv most of the time). She begged and pleaded on her knees. I agreed, and she threw graffiti which she seemed to have prepared.

During Kyle's Hat, Fallon's sister, Becky, wanted knitting lessons to which I agreed. While there, I finished Kyle's Hat, and started in on Scotty's Megaman hat. Before last semester ended, Scotty was jokingly asking me for Megaman's helmet. Well, joke's on you, Scotty, for I have whipped out the most awful rendition of that helmet for your use (I swear to I will re-knit).

But, oh helllllll noooooo, Alan saw what I had done and put a sword to my neck while growling, "I want a fucking Firefly Jayne Cobb hat."
I worked my little fingers to the bone putting that together.
However, that scratchy wool is still unlined and I hope to finish that before winter without him taking off my pinkies, or finding a horse head in my bed.

Fallon found an image of the most beautiful purse in all the land and bestowed it upon my eyes. She gave a love-sigh, deflating eloquently in a chair.
"What is this?" I asked with all the wonder in the world fluttering in my chest.
"A purse to match my very existence." She fluttered her eyelids.
"My dear, did you want me to knit this for you?"
She erected her girly pose on the chair, "Would you?" Her voice squealed in happiness.
"Of course, my dear friend."
So, I did and she loved it.

Then Jaccob got jealous. Green with envy, the boy cornered me in an alley and said, without question, "I want a fucking stocking cap, with the ugly fucking green of Link from Zelda."
I asked why should I do it.
He then started to mutate to this horrible, monstrous beast (if you can name that quote, you get something from me)! Eyes red, claws extended, I just nodded.
I gulped and agreed. What else could I do?
When I finished, he returned to his human form.

All my friends and creatures equalized, I focused the attention then on myself. I knitted a few quick patterns and here they are:
1.2.3.
1 - A pixie hat pattern Fallon found. Although I used the yarn and needle size it required, it was still a bit large. Next time, small needle size.

2. A tie I found in Knits for Nerds. I knitted a mirror one and am sewing it to the back. It looks odd, mostly because I improv'd that as well. It's a strand of DNA on the tie, in case one of you couldn't place it.

3. A scarf of some cheap yarn at Hobby Lobby. I loved the colors. It was sucha  quick knit since I used 1x1 ribbing with size 15 needles. Very awesome to knit with, too. It's way too long. The height of me plus half. Love that.

 WRITING
I finished a book. You know, the "skeleton" of it (as Fallon described in her notes). I've been thinking of side stories and back stories, and all the in between to give it human flesh, I suppose.

The story is officially called Seven Relics and is religiously based. But this is me we're talking about - I don't make religion boring.

Then I thought of another story idea that I can hopefully fuck around with in Intermediate Fiction Writing.

I know I'm being vague, but I might change, and I might have haters out there. That's right. Haters.

READING
This entire list.
I still have two more books to add to it and then I will date it and then all those creeps can come out and judge me on the romantic novels. They're like crack. It's horrible, but you just can't stop.

SOCIALIZING
Somehow, between last summer and this one, I somehow picked up some guys (Todd, Alan, Scotty, and Jaccob) and some chick (Fallon) who I've stuck with.

The guys and I had game night were we all push up our glasses, snort when we laugh, and talk in constant riddles to try and outdo each other's smarts. I won, by the way.
How many installments was it, Todd? Nine, ten of them?
The game was about this dude and he wanted what our characters had and he got it and none of us died. I wanted blood, but I settled down my animal instincts and made myself just drink tomato juice instead. Same thing, right -- you know, because they're the same color and all? Perhaps thickness too... I kind of want to test that out. With tests, not drinking both.

Fallon brought the girly side out of me with painting, and spray painting and puppies (oh my the puppy).
We did projects and we did nothing.
She and her sister received knitting lessons from me and we all became friends.
Went to a Jane Austen Festival with her.
Uh.
She introduced me to a good historical fiction (on my reading list, by the way).

THE SUMMER LIST
1. STUDY THE FUCK OUT OF FRENCH. (Never happened - changed my major.)
2. Read until my eyes pop out. I think that's pretty fair. I read 14 books last summer - I want to break that record with this one. (I had to put my eyes back in.)
3. Find an exercise that doesn't have my piriformis muscle rubbing against my sciatic nerve and causing me severe pains. It's real, google "Piriformis Syndrome." (Found stretches and can run again, hellz yeah!)
4. Clean the entire house from top to bottom. (Yup.)
5. Finish Fallon's socks. (Which reminds me I have scarf pics to put up!) (yup!)
6. Finish weaving in the ends of my sister's sweater. (Yes!!!)


FINALE
What have I learned?
That I am talented.
That I am a nerd.
That school will suck.
That I cannot do a backbend.
That Neon Trees has some special instrument to have their songs glued to your brain.
That eighties are back with my new perm.
That I love sleeping.
That it's hot during the summer.
That spiders are smart.
That I can't draw.
That patience is learned.
That tumblr is my new playground.
That I need to learn to use my words.
That my cat knows his cuteness and manipulates me with it.
That I suck at catching balls. (I leave it vague for open-ended jokes.)
That my dog lives to gross me out.
That boys have cooties. And the cootie shot won't reverse their affects.
That converse is the best shoe.
That I can't draw, or paint.
That my cat has horrible breath. (He just yawned into my face.)
That I can run a mile if I actually give a shit.
That, uh, I've run out of things I've learned.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is the best blog of your whole summer, and I always love to read your blogs. You're addicting. Glad to be a part of it, and of course, as with all good things, I'm stealing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise I won't cut your pinkies off, you might need them to line my hat. Know anyone who's got some spare horses though?

    I also promise to read Seven Relics once I've got a physical copy to read.

    And is the not being able to catch balls are juggling joke after Scotty's Rosisha game?

    PS : I can't touch the ground or anything goes crazy like that, but I can back bend far enough to see behind me.

    PPS : you said twice up there that you can't draw, you silly nerd!

    PPPS : (that's s lot of post script) the quote sounds familiar, but I can't place it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alan - It is not a juggling joke, haha. Now that mention it, it is now.

    It's Beauty and The Beast. Where Belle's father comes into the bar and is all wiled up because some self-walking carriage spit him out there.
    Then he's like, "Something, something, something," and then, "A HORRIBLE, MONSTROUS BEAST!"
    Then they laugh in his face.

    Fallon - Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete