labels

real-life convos (240) pictures (185) news (165) tv (64) animals (56) cricket (56) reviews (51) books (50) to knit (46) ideas (42) musically (41) lists (36) dreams (35) youtube (22) color-raped (19) texts (19) pranks (14) gaming (10) anniversary posts (7)

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

♪: dir en grey - 激しさと、この胸の中で絡み付いた灼熱の闇

I broke my sock, the purple and pink one, haha. Now I have to reknit another one :(
OWELL.

Today has been a full day.
As I was driving down the road, I had a feeling to look over and there's this lady motioning me to roll down my window. I smile, turn down my music and roll down my window. She then yells, "I'm lost, do you know where i65 is?"
Keep in mind, we're driving down the road, talking to each other through windows.
"i65, north or south?"
"South. I'm from Chicago."
I laugh, "You're far from i65."
"Do you know i65 south?"
"Yes, just follow me."
So, we drove a little ways and I turned around at the Wal*Mart and allowed this woman to follow me to go allll the way to the interstate. We weren't even there when we were stopped at a stoplight. I was on my phone, relaying the funny story to my mother when I notice this woman is at my window. My mouth involuntarily opened and my eyes flickered to the rearview mirror where her car door is open. I'm in shock.
The woman smiles at me and says, "Does this lead me to the interstate?"
"No, I'm going to take you allll the way there because there's two lanes."
"Oh, what do you owe you?"
"Nothing, really."
"Oh my, thank you, god bless and Merry Christmas."
So, she follows me some more to the interstate. I pull aside to this roadside liquor store to watch her as she merges on, just to make sure. However, she follows me and parks beside me.
This is the cutest part:
I see she has a five dollar bill and I shake my head, smiling, getting out my car.
"No, really, I don't want anything. It's fine." I put my hand up. Then I notice something.
"No, please, I really appreciate it." She was crying. I felt really bad.
"No, seriously, I don't want it; I was happy to do it."
"Please, just please. You don't know how hard it's been for me."
I took it because her voice is shaky and I think she was about to burst into serious tears and cry on my shoulder. Instead, after I take it, she hugged me. She hugged me tightly and when she loosened she said, "Your mother, oh," she kissed my cheek. "Your parents raised you really well, I can tell."
We then discussed her life. She knits. She gave me her email. She blessed me. She's moving to Florida. She wants me in school. She thinks it's just right that I want to study Japanese and French. She speaks Spanish, Greek and German. She was a chemical engineer before she married and she warned me about men. And she wouldn't take the money back no matter how many times I tried.
We both agreed that men are stupid and just because you knit they think there's nothing there.
That woman was something and I adored her Northern accent.
I am going to e-mail her, haha.

2 comments:

  1. awww that's a very sweet of you, then again I didn't except any less of a kind act from such a paragon.

    And I would have disagree, I think the ability to knit is beyond cool, I've seen the things people make, and hell the things you make manage to blow my mind, it's a beautiful thing. I, sadly, only know how to sow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank you, kind samaritan.
    Haha, paragon. I like that.

    And, btw, I am still on hold for that hummingbird painting of yours, seriously. Just until after Christmas, SWEAR.

    ReplyDelete