labels

real-life convos (240) pictures (185) news (165) tv (64) animals (56) cricket (56) reviews (51) books (50) to knit (46) ideas (42) musically (41) lists (36) dreams (35) youtube (22) color-raped (19) texts (19) pranks (14) gaming (10) anniversary posts (7)

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Biology


Today, while bathing, I finally realized how I didn't want to devote my life to French. I have been studying, well, not full-heartedly, but I have been on edge about it, looking and shifting through my notes. I have been watching movies and listening to French radio. I compiled all this in my head while massaging conditioner in my hair. Then I stopped and realized, "I don't give a shit about the French."

The more I listen, the more I learn, the more I watch their culture I cannot enjoy it like I did with Japanese. Now, if I ever had the chance to take Japanese classes or go to Japan, shit yeah. But France? I just can't. I cannot fulfill my life with the romance surrounding their country: wine, accents, dress, and lights.

So, I then thought about biology and how I studied my ass off for the 113 course although I didn't have to. I studied and studied and studied. I even wrote a paper about evolution for my English 300 class ("Evolution of Man: Australopithicus to Homo sapiens"). Even now I still think of what I learned while writing and realize that I don't want to give up that just because I'm ALWAYS bad with numbers. Studying next semester will make me a hermit.

I want to study ecology. That's my main goal. I know I'll hate the outside, but learning from it, I guess, is what makes the difference.

And, the only time I'll get to read, it looks like, is when I am on breaks. Oh bother...

My cat will not stop fucking meowing. He's never fucking happy being in my lap, or on the floor, or in a room. Damn him!

I'm not going to give anymore information since I want to finish The House of Tomorrow. The book is really fucking good and makes me want to read books by Buckminster Fuller.

Yup, that's all I got... Nothing but hot air.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.wku.edu/biology/undergrad_degrees_and_requirements.php

    There is no straight degree for ecology but you might be able to concentrate in it. If not that, then you can also take the classes that most closely relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem, and GO YOU! I'm glad you have decided and that you feel good about it. We both made huge decisions this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://bgky.craigslist.org/cto/3055969204.html

    ReplyDelete