labels

real-life convos (240) pictures (185) news (165) tv (64) animals (56) cricket (56) reviews (51) books (50) to knit (46) ideas (42) musically (41) lists (36) dreams (35) youtube (22) color-raped (19) texts (19) pranks (14) gaming (10) anniversary posts (7)

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Brawny

People say the French are pansies. So what if they have no bragging rights on the field? I know with war that's more than half the battle, but the French have given us much more than winning wars. They gave us existentialism and democracy. Without their revolution and their enlightenment period, America would probably be stuck with the British. I'm sure one could argue and win with that one, but the French are brains. If I had to choose between brawn and brain, I would definitely choose brain. I would rather have brain over calvary.

So, a couple of months back, during my parents' personal fiscal crisis, I bought them a new kitchen faucet since our old one wasn't really turning on anymore. I know all of you know that Father's day is within a week:
Me - So, I hope you're not expecting any presents from me.
Mom - Why would we?
Me - Good, because if you had asked, I was just going to turn on and off the faucet. This morning, even, I came up with an idea to do.
Mom - What?
Me - I'm going to be busy all day turning on and off the faucet. Makes no plans for me.
Amanda - *laughs from the living room*
Dad - *shakes head*
Me - There's going to be a water show and you are all invited.

I was invited to go drinking and listen to music with some friends. I don't know. I feel bad because I feel as if it's something I should be interested in and because I'm not that I should feel ashamed for my lack of enthusiasm for life. I'm not going, but I finally thought of something to say to the nay-sayers.
"You like that, I don't. I don't like being around people who think killing brain cells with one another is a hoot. I don't like being around drunk idiots who don't know when to close their mouths or bars with hazardous bathrooms. I would rather be at a reading with authors, or an art show, or a good play. Hell, even an orchestra with a mixed cycle of songs would be more pleasing than a smoky room with people who will have liver problems in their 40s."
I am not advertising hatred. Hell, it was fun when I did it. I've been through that cycle already and it's just not me. Brings the worst out in me honestly and I don't like being that person. If I am to ever move away from what I know now, I must change what the past has unleashed. I do not believe a person can change within the same atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment