labels

real-life convos (240) pictures (185) news (165) tv (64) animals (56) cricket (56) reviews (51) books (50) to knit (46) ideas (42) musically (41) lists (36) dreams (35) youtube (22) color-raped (19) texts (19) pranks (14) gaming (10) anniversary posts (7)

Sunday, February 5, 2012

i have headphones on, not listening

Christmas has long sinced passed, I know this. Easter is the next religious holiday. I have been asked by my sister if Easter bothered me. I replied, "No, it doesn't. It's more for kids anyway."
"What about Christmas?"
"Christmas bothers me because One, it messes with my social schedule. Two, work fucking sucks."
If you know me at all, you know that I am an athiest and don't have a problem admitting it if someone asks. I am not the type of athiest to not say the pledge, or celebrate any holiday. I am the nicer athiest who believes in religious freedom (the technical meaning of it) and wants people to understand their beliefs and not prosecute them for it. Tough luck, I know. Anyway, Jesus does not bother me. I love the feeling of Christmas (as long as I'm not at work).

I wouldn't celebrate any holiday, not even birthdays, if it wasn't for family. That's how far into science I am. I don't understand the need to have holidays in the first place. Sure, for recognition, but the human race has long since used and abused this privilege for personal gain and a reason to binge drink. The earth wasn't built around bunny, a man and some ghouls coming up from their graves to walk to the earth. No, it was built to hosts species and to eventually expire with the sun. Which is cool, I get it. Any holiday is manmade, including birthdays. I could give a shit less about a birthday. I don't believe in celebrating them. I do because it's socially acceptable, not because I want to. I do see the beauty in religions, but I don't give a shit about them.

I am not saying I don't believe in God because there's bad in the world and he didn't answer my selfish prayers. No, I believe in the Big Bang Theory and the how the fucking universe is a miracle. There's literally no limit of thought to it.

Of course, we have to thank the evolving human brain. If we didn't evolve, we wouldn't have used stone tools, cooked food, religion or bury our dead. I guess humans have to have organization to live. Neanderthals.

3 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat, I don't celebrate any Holidays or Birthdays (well at least not my own birthday, I do with family and I wish friends happy birthdays).

    The problem with Religion, as with all things, are those who take it to far and those who would use to take advantage of lesser minds. It's easy, maybe a little TOO easy to manipulate people, especially in this day in age (you'd thing people would have become a little smarter, it's amazing how our brains can't keep up with our technology and growth on so many levels).

    Humans need organization to live, just enough of that organization so that anarchy doesn't look like chaos, it looks like a cleverly dressed up gang. A group of global gangs that can run a convincing show.

    Not to be pessimistic about things, I mean there is still a lot of beauty in the world. Just so much of humanity is bittersweet. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think people want to literally be taken advantage of; I have to think that. The Christian channels, the hoaxes on others, just make me aggravated. How can people believe it? I want to believe that making laws protecting the stupid (I sound so country when I say that), help people get by without having a single original thought. What we do for people amazes me. Everyone wants to be pitied and cared for. Like homemakers... Why wouldn't a woman want more for herself? Or a man who has to fuck anything he sees to feel powerful? I sound stupid, I know, but society kills me. That's why I want to live in a snowy place, in a cabin, ha. Work from home. Hopefully loneliness won't get to me, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, you don't sound stupid. That's pretty spot on actually. People don't function without direction. They constantly need to be told what to do and how to think, it's sad. In my personal experience I've found that even people in the position of power can't work without some sense of direction from the people they are leading, I can't even begin to name the amount of times that I've had to take charge of things because nobody else would (not that it's a bad thing, at least then I can't make sure things are done correctly).

    I mean if you really want to get an understanding of it a person doesn't need to look far. If a major accident happens or if someone is getting hurt it's common, or at least now it's advanced to the point where it's in one's best interest to simply not get involved, but to openly speak about a problem and never do anything about it. However if one person stands up and does something they will cheer them on and in some cases even fall in line. Guidance is foundation of society next to desire. My point being people need to be lead (or at least a vast majority of them do, to the few that are leaders, they take charge).

    I like working, almost LOVE working in a team of 2-12 people, but out of all the teams I've ever been in, I've always been the one to orchestrate people.

    ReplyDelete