labels

real-life convos (240) pictures (185) news (165) tv (64) animals (56) cricket (56) reviews (51) books (50) to knit (46) ideas (42) musically (41) lists (36) dreams (35) youtube (22) color-raped (19) texts (19) pranks (14) gaming (10) anniversary posts (7)

Friday, May 4, 2012

And then she's like...

So, a couple of days ago it was Target's 50th birthday. In the break room, our HR guy put up a giant Target-sent paper with a place to put your favorite memories of working at Target. On one of the tables there were boxes and albums of just pictures, hundreds upon hundreds, of events and just random days at Target. Well, Todd comes up to me and asks, "Hey, has it been you that's been putting up random pics of me?"
(His pics are hilarious because he was no receding hairline and looks ten years younger.)
"No, wasn't me, swear."
He gives be a disbelieving look, so I take him and show him the one picture that I did put up. It was of Scott Bath Tissue, haha. Then he and I were talking as he was looking through pictures. He shows me one of an old woman being strapped into an ambulance bed. Todd was like, "Haha, this is my favorite memory."
So, I tapped it up there.
When I went to take lunch my pictures were gone, haha. I believe they'll mention it in future huddles because once I made Marina a great team card that read, "To Marina for brightening up my dad :)" it was taken down later too and the HR guy said, "Guys, let's try to take great team recognition seriously."
When will people learn how much I give a shit?

Then we have a board for "Bad Hair Day" pics. Todd brought his. I don't know when it was taken, but it was hilarious - I'm voting for it. He had bushy, curly hair. I told him later that I was going to draw "GIANT NERD" with an arrow to his picture. I then told him he looked like Screech off "Saved by The Bell."
He replied, "I would love to see older pictures of you."
Me, "I just looked like a dyke - I'll own up to it."

Wow, I have nothing else.

Well, I can't get my hair to look not-fried whenever I straighten it. Hm. I may have to try different chemicals because it's making me angry.

I've taken up running again despite the protest in my lower nerve-endings in my back. They're screaming, "FUCK YOU!" However, I don't care. I miss running. I'm trying to get to running a mile and a half by August 27 - which I'm sure I could do it. I just want to before school so I could run inside their gym after classes. Two for one?

Been watching "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" while I run. I miss it. I know they tried resurrecting it recently and it sucked. So much. Do I sound like a teenager when I say things like that? I want to actually speak like a man who has a bar mustache in the 19th century.
"Cheerio, o' Chap."

2 comments: