labels

real-life convos (240) pictures (185) news (165) tv (64) animals (56) cricket (56) reviews (51) books (50) to knit (46) ideas (42) musically (41) lists (36) dreams (35) youtube (22) color-raped (19) texts (19) pranks (14) gaming (10) anniversary posts (7)

Monday, May 21, 2012

Red and Purple Do Match

Today has been nothing but an onslaught of my thoughts and everything in between.

At work, I walked into a conversation with Janet (a sweet old woman) and Jose (the cleaning crew).
"...then I told them I was going to leave and talk with my husband."
"How did you find out?"
"Jack told me it was the wrong bank. Good thing I didn't get ill, otherwise I would have looked more like an idiot."
Janet then turned to me, "Hey Heather! I went to the wrong bank and demanded my money."
Bernie walked back there also, changing out batteries in her equipment.
Jose was asking, "So, do you have anymore stories?"
Janet looked up to the side then said, "Well, there was this one time I didn't know I was getting pulled over."
Bernie laughed, "I love this one!"
Jose asked, "You didn't know you were getting pulled over?"
Janet laughed, watching Bernie, "Well, no. I was just driving down 31W, from Kroger when he came up behind me and flashed his lights. I just thought he needed to go around so I slowed down and kind of pulled over to let him around me. He didn't; he just kept flashing those lights. Then he kept following me farther down, so I stuck out my hand to wave him around."
Bernie laughed, face turning red.
Janet finished, "That's when his sirens went off and I thought, 'Geez, what does he want?' Eventually though, I did pull over, after driving ALL the way down 31W."
Jose laughed and I was shaking my head.
Janet continued, "I one time paid at a drive-thru and left my food there. I once paid for gas and just drove off without it. One time at a job I got lost coming back from lunch. They called me back to work twice. After about half an hour I just left. I said, 'Forget this, I can't even find my way back!'"
Jose looked stunned, "How old were you?"
"Oh, I was teenager with that job thing."
"Oh, so this has always been an issue and not recently?"
"Oh no, I've always been like this."
Janet is Janet.

Todd and I have an ongoing tradition of harmlessly pranking one another at work. He'll come by and turn my shoe carts around when I'm actually working. Or, he'll pull my cart down one of the main aisles while I distracted in another. Or, call me at the fitting room and say something nonsensical and hang up.
Sometimes I pull his carts away, or slide things away from his grasp, or give him calls over the walkie for phone pick up when nothing is on the line.
It's on, little man.
For working in mens, when I wanted to be in shoes (that's right, Todd, I WANTED TO BE THERE), he gave me this (well, not gave, but let it flutter over my shoulder in the breakroom):


Man my legs hurt so badly. I'm sitting and they're still throbbing.

I actually organized all my French papers from past semesters and organized the ones I needed to study by the dates I wrote down in my planner. I should really be a planner because I have mad skillz.

Fallon and I hung out today at Barnes and Noble.
She had me buy a book, The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane. I will immediately read it after I finish Sacre Bleu!, which I'm going to read after this entry.

Perhaps I'll have something interesting later.
Ha, doubt it peeps.

1 comment:

  1. I think I would make a good secretary because I have mad planning/tracking skills when it comes to events, things to do and such. It's my backup plan to teaching. I'll just become my friend's secretary, lol.

    I can't wait for you to read that book!!!!

    ReplyDelete