labels

real-life convos (240) pictures (185) news (165) tv (64) animals (56) cricket (56) reviews (51) books (50) to knit (46) ideas (42) musically (41) lists (36) dreams (35) youtube (22) color-raped (19) texts (19) pranks (14) gaming (10) anniversary posts (7)

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Can I get a 'Hell Yeah'?!

Last night was game night with the guys. Nothing really eventful but the game.

Alura and I are very, very sad that both our friends are leaving. Kristina (Alura's friend) is moving to Alabama. Marina is moving two hours away to Louisville (it isn't that far but I know we'll grow apart because of this). Anyway, I just thought I'd link to past entries for Marina, for our stories that Marina and I still laugh at today, like when I stole that cart from her apartment parking lot"GO TO HELL" incident where I still believe they were going to come back and do something to usthe HUGE grasshopper incident, or when she took the picture of the monkey.

The one story I haven't spoke about was the "MR. BROWN!" one.
We were sitting at Western at, I want to say, 1:30AM and just at the patio tables, looking at the fountain. From afar, walking down some steps was an old man. Marina was squinting, just trying to make him out because she said he looked familiar.
I was just sitting there, uncaring, talking about something.
When he stepped closer, Marina, who had just rolled up one pant leg and had switch to flip flops, stood. "That's Mr. Brown, my Professor."
"Seriously, at this hour?"
And before I could stop this girl, she jogging up to him, just yelling (literally), "Mr. Brown!! Mr. Brown! What are you doing here?"
This man was not making eye contact and he looked to his feet. His pace quickened.
"Mr. Brown, what are you doing here?" She was at the table again, kneeing the seat.
He grumbled, "I work here." And nearly ran off the scene.
Then Marina started to laugh.
This is the day it happened.
You know, we were completely sober.

She has actually changed my life. I told her this, but I want other people to roll their eyes at this.
1. I stopped caring about weed because of her.
2. She MADE me go to college.
3. She has helped me through any situation.
4. She's taught me how to better talk to people.
5. And, this is one is long, but I believe if you never go out of your comfort zone of what your world is, then you'll never realize your full potential. She was out of my comfort zone and, since I met her, I felt more independent.

She invited me, and really tried, to get me to move with her to Louisville, but I don't want to transfer colleges, and I would have to leave everything behind. I'm not saying what I have to leave behind is grand, but I want to finish a few things first before I move off and leave my sister behind. I am very, very close to Amanda and I want to stay with her as long as possible before life divides us, I guess.
She's at my doorway right now, trying to coax me into the living room.

Blah, the more and more I try to translate my sentences in French, the more anxiety I get over learning two different languages.

I guess today is not the day for my comedy. I'm just not in the mood. Been aggravated since last night. I just think that I need more gal pals than guy friends. All guy friends have me do is be bored and think I'm ugly because some "model" (and I use that word very loosely) fucking chick is "fucking hot." Well, every time they say something like that, I counter with a dude.
I am really uncaring, but it's called fucking respect.
There's another eye roll.

Anyway, been having more and more nightmares.
I blame reality.
Ha, how Matrix is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment