labels

real-life convos (240) pictures (185) news (165) tv (64) animals (56) cricket (56) reviews (51) books (50) to knit (46) ideas (42) musically (41) lists (36) dreams (35) youtube (22) color-raped (19) texts (19) pranks (14) gaming (10) anniversary posts (7)

Friday, September 7, 2012

Number One

Before we get to the action, I first have to tell you a back story.
In high school, I went by a name called, ichi. It means "one." Like the number. Just counting wise. I have been asked to be called ichi since I was 16-years-old and I am now 23-years-old.
I have fucking ichi in the hiragana tattooed on my upper back.
This blog is titled after the nickname.

So, in Japanese class my "sensei" does a little roleplay with us, individually, at random, to see how we all understand, I guess. Well, she called my name and asked, "New York wa nanji desu ka." (What time is it in New York?)
I was taken aback and was half-paying attention because we had seven minutes left in class.
I quickly looked at the time sheet. New york was 1:00AM. I quickly said, "Gozen..." then nothing. I couldn't think of the word for one. I just said, "Uh, uh..." while thinking, OMG WHAT IS THE FUCKING WORD FOR ONE?! Then it rushed out, "Ichiji desu."
And because of my stump moment, she said, "I better go through the numbers again."
Perfect.

I joined another book club. I joined one last year around this time, I think, and met Fallon. This time we're reading, "Sanctuary for the Outcasts" by Neil White. He had a book reading at Western Thursday night. Unfortunately I was at work, which sucked. OH THE FUCK WELL.

At the Biology lab today, Tanya and I were sitting beside each other. Two girls joined our group and the two guys down the table also joined.
One said something about sitting beside her then she said, "Ha, if you do... Wait, never mind. I was going to make a joke and realized it wasn't the best to make."
I said, "At least you have that moment."
"Yeah, it was a tit joke. I started it and then was like, 'Oh, this isn't a way to make friends.' "
I laughed, because it's true.

I'm watching Angel, still in the first season and all... And there's this one episode with him going back all evil. I'm sitting here thinking, "That's hot."
So, I'm not debating whether or not to watch that season of Buffy where Angel is all evil. Man oh man am I just debating it.

I am now out of things to talk about since I'm boring since the start of school. I am sure I'll get more boring as the semester progresses -- be looking forward to that.

4 comments:

  1. Making tit jokes ISN'T the way to make friends? That unresponsively ironic considering wants you make friends, half, if not a vast majority of jokes consist of sex jokes, overuse of any curse word, and a general understanding that breast are usually the center of jokes if not the brain candy of pubescent and perverted men.

    Buffy? Nah BRAH, it's time to break out season one through four of Samurai Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alcohol? No, if I were drunk, I would be mucking around my home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mucking.

    If I were drunk, I'd be taking a bath, so you're right.

    ReplyDelete