labels

real-life convos (240) pictures (185) news (165) tv (64) animals (56) cricket (56) reviews (51) books (50) to knit (46) ideas (42) musically (41) lists (36) dreams (35) youtube (22) color-raped (19) texts (19) pranks (14) gaming (10) anniversary posts (7)

Saturday, May 23, 2009

♪: kenny loggins - footloose

I love the 80s. I don't know if any of you have noticed. I often tell strangers, family, friends that I need to be born in 1965. Then, I would be 15 when the 80s hit and would be old enough for most of the movies, then be plenty old enough to go to concerts. I would be old enough to relate to everything.
Ack, I love the teased hair, clothes that aren't supposed to match and the dance moves (no, not only footloose).
Only one problem with the equation though... I would be an adult in the 90s. I hate the 90s. It's an ugly decade permanently marked on the universe's time. Heroine sheik? Bleck. I do like, however, a lot of the music from the 90s.
Good Things from the 80s
- Loudness (Japanese Rock band, one of the first)
- X Japan (A Japanese style of what heavy metal should not look like, hahaha...)
- Anne Rice's 'The Vampire Lestat.'
- Teased Hair
- Axel Rose
- Kurt Russel's bulging muscles in any movie he's ever in. Even when he's in the arctic, he finds a reason to be shirtless.
- CDs
- The glasses where you can attach a sunglass lens to your regular glasses. Every time I see one, I chuckle.
- Michael Jackson
- Nicholas Cage
- The Valley Girls ('Gag me with a spoon!')
- David Bowie
- Labyrinth
- Movies with Molly Ringwald
- Beauty and the Beast TV series. (Not that it was good, it most definitely wasn't, just hilarious to watch. omg.)
- Woody Allen
- Rap
- Serious entertainment value.

I have more, since I love the decade so, but I'll stop.
I thought of this subject while sitting on my bed, knitting while 80s music videos played on VH1 classic, haha.

ps - usually, when the 'footloose' song comes on, I do the dance. you know, head bent, feet popping out one a a time. My mom usually looks at me shakes her head.
other times, whenever I'm in the mood, i'll step in front of my mother and do the vanessa huxtable dance from the beginning to The Cosby Show. from this beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment