labels

real-life convos (240) pictures (185) news (165) tv (64) animals (56) cricket (56) reviews (51) books (50) to knit (46) ideas (42) musically (41) lists (36) dreams (35) youtube (22) color-raped (19) texts (19) pranks (14) gaming (10) anniversary posts (7)

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Jane Austen

If only she knew they had a festival in her name.

So, today was the big day and I really enjoyed myself. The tea party was fucking fantastic. I mean, it was amazing, awesome, spectacular, awe-inspiring, or simply wonderful.


Ack, it was so adorable! The tea menu nearly broke the charcoal that is my heart. We got a corner table to overlook the tea -- that was awesome. We went to a historic house and had information thrown at us. Then we went to see horses (which I hadn't been close to a horse since I was a toddler). Then we got to see the hottest guy working for them do the "Dressing Mr. Darcy" and star in "A Gentleman's Duel" (sadly, it's with guns, not swords).

I bought nothing which is strange for me, but there was nothing I really wanted. If I sewed, it would have been the shit there. The. Shit.

And we severely parched ourselves in the summer heat so we went to concessions WHICH cheat you. They had apples for 2/1. I grabbed one. The woman told me she couldn't give change. I said I had 50 cents. She then stupefied herself and Fallon ended up giving her a dollar. So, I had two fucking apples. Why in the hell? It made me angry that they forced shit on you. AND, I asked whether or not the apples were washed and every worker turned and gave me a look. THAT IS A FUCKING VALID QUESTION. Snotty kids and their snotty parents man-handled the fruit. So, I wasted some of my water on my TWO DAMN APPLES. I got full and not pleasantly so.

So, the three of us had a bonding moment:
Louisville is swamped with their mundane decision of paving every fucking ramp in the city leading southbound. Took the three of us TWO HOURS. TWO. HOURS. TWO. TWO. HOURS. to find a way out. We were all getting so stressed because Becky's GPS was being a little bitch. So, I had to use mine to find Watterson Express. By the way, going there from where we were led us through Louisville's Red Light District. So happy it was a Sunday and the sun was up.
Wasn't funny then, but it's getting to be funnier with time.

They also said I was very polite.
Best compliment ever - wasn't being sarcastic when I said it then too.

But, sisters, thank you for allowing me to come.


Saturday night was game night.
It was an okay game.
One more to go and then I can geek on the ending. That's right, spoilers for everyone who doesn't give a shit.
Scotty and I went to buy a large stick of cookie dough for the guys. We betted three penis jokes. Jake and Todd only rolled in two. Disappointed.
Uhhhh, funny shit went down but hell if I can recall it now. Oh, the microwave!
Me - Does the microwave give a loud ding?
Scotty - Wouldn't it be cool if the microwave dinged and then said, *he lowered his voice to a growl*, "I'm done."
All of us - *turn to Scotty with a 'wtf' face on*
Todd - *laughs* Or has some special feature that when it's 3AM, it says *growling out* "It's three AM."

I arrived home around 1:16AM saturday night. Had to wake up at 6AM for this trip. Didn't really get to sleep until close to three. So, I did all this on close to three hours of sleep (my mother woke me up at 5:50AM, worried I'd be late) and still kept my shit together. HA, FATE, FUCK YOU. Sadly, though, I am feeling the nausea of being tired.

Alan texted me today:
Alan - You ever seen the clown at Walmart that hides from gay people?
Me - No?
Alan - Exactly :p
Bam.

And, I wiggle my nose and *poof.*

1 comment:

  1. Lord today was great, but I am tired. Talk to you laters :P

    ReplyDelete