labels

real-life convos (240) pictures (185) news (165) tv (64) animals (56) cricket (56) reviews (51) books (50) to knit (46) ideas (42) musically (41) lists (36) dreams (35) youtube (22) color-raped (19) texts (19) pranks (14) gaming (10) anniversary posts (7)

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Kyle's Hat from South Park

So, this is the Kyle hat, ushanka, that I knitted my sister from South Park. Took me several days to finish this, believe it or not. I am proud, but I also feel bad because it wasn't exactly like Kyle's off South Park to begin with. Hey, what can you do without a pattern? I actually went to my local yarn shop and asked what they would do and we looked through hat patterns and found one that had the body shape. I changed it around a bit and then folded over the band, waiting to rip it out, but my sister loved it there, so that's why the band stays.

The earflaps were fucking hell to knit. I actually ripped them out like four times to measure and fix. Sadly, they look off. I don't know why. They measure the same and are the same width. Maybe it's our faces, or the big dark green piece in the middle. Funny how it all equals together, right? I know it's the perfect green, and the darker green is almost perfect, I know. I enjoyed knitting most of it, aside from the detailing... Which is everything I just described. I hope it does please the actual fandom, and my sister. She loves it. keeps thanking me for it (it's her Christmas present).





The guys and I played Left 4 Dead 2 last night. What I mean by guys is Scotty, Alan, me, and some friend of Scotty's that he referred to as "Boo." Scotty has so many buddies on the xbox and they keep joining his parties. When I'm getting fucking murdered by a zombie I'll hear strange voices and Scotty just rambling on to them. It was funny. Made a girl friend. Well, she plays L4D2 also.

They kept backtracking to help save me, which their patience was astounding. Man. We were nearing to a safe point and all of us were tackled by a "special infected." Everyone aside from Scotty. He was hobbling. He tried to save me, but he realized where he was and I said, "Leave me!"
He ran to the safe house, just closing the door on the tank infected. It was special to watch.

Another part was when "Boo," Alan, and Scotty were all at the safe house (I was long dead). Alan and Scotty were at the doorway, trying to usher their severely injured friend along. There was a special or something coming and as their friend was hobbling, he asked, "Should I just be dead for this?"
Without answering, Scotty slid into the doorway and shot him down.

EDIT:
Just remembered this last night.
"Boo' revived me and all I could see was black, no matter which direction I faced. I was freaking out, thinking I couldn't stand up, a glitch or something. I was saying, "Guys, I can't see anything."
Then I move my stick up and realized I was just looking down.
Hahaha.

Perhaps it's boring without all of you being there. ONLINE DIARY ARGUMENT HERE.


Sunday went to teach them knitting. Becky wants to get ahead of herself, but, ha, won't let her. I actually have her first square and am very excited to share:

Isn't it awesome? She learned CO, K, P, KxP, K2xP2 with this. 

I bought a pass to the Jane Austen Festival this Sunday. Going with all of them. Excited. I told Marina and asked her, "How much whiter can we get, right?"
She just said you couldn't.

4 comments:

  1. Aw, don't make fun of the festival. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's just me, but I find that the best way to deal with zombies is similar to that of giant insectoid beings, flamethrower. Just BURN everything.

    On another note, that hat is awesome. You should do Jayne's Hat from Firefly (if you watched Firefly).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, they did. Especially Scotty. I would be stuck in the middle of his flame half the time, haha.

    I looked it up, and that thing is ugly. Haha. Looks like old candy corn on his head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, well that's the downside to flamethrowers, you usually burn your team (if there's an option too, good for griefing though).

    HEY! That hat had a story. A STORY!

    ReplyDelete