labels

real-life convos (240) pictures (185) news (165) tv (64) animals (56) cricket (56) reviews (51) books (50) to knit (46) ideas (42) musically (41) lists (36) dreams (35) youtube (22) color-raped (19) texts (19) pranks (14) gaming (10) anniversary posts (7)

Thursday, April 23, 2009

♪: the all-american rejects - gives you hell

My life has been a whole lot of nothing since the book festival on the eighteenth (in case you haven't noticed by my boring entries).

BUT, OH, WHAT'S THIS? I have discovered a new author. He's only published one rom-zom-com (a.k.a., romantic zombie comedy). S.G. Browne has written probably one of my favourite books for the year. Not like I'm going to bow in his presence, but this man is so fucking awesome, I cannot explain in words. Breathers is so hilarious. Well, it's a book dedicated to zombies, the main character being one himself, and dark humour. If you like that sort of thing, I beg of you to read it, haha.
I went to his website and in his favourite links there's Chuck Palahniuk and Christopher Moore. Not only that, but there's a media player that's playing Re: Your Brains by Jonathan Coulton. Regardless to say, his writing style is like if Chuck and Christopher had a literary child. Yeah. Except, he uses less dialogue than that of Palahniuk and Moore. WAY LESS. As if a bonus, Jonathan Coulton donated the essence of his comedy.
Anyway, the book was awesome. At first, I thought the ending was going to be one of those fucking gay endings where everything is goo-goo-ga-ga. I was about to hate the book, but the ending was more than pleasant. I'm working on some haikus to send him in an e-mail. (If you read the book, you'll understand.)

I have also read The Condemned by David Jack Bell. You can tell it's his first novel, but wasn't really that bad. He has another novel coming out in August, so I'm sure I'll be reading that if it's interesting. The only reason I ever bought the first one was for the zombies, haha.

On the phone last night with Pedro, we had the conversation below. Hell, I thought it was funny. I laughed well enough where Pedro had to stop talking for a second to let me stop laughing:
Me - Oh, I would have chose Phoenix. I just don't like Spring Break.
Pedro - *says something I can't remember*
Me - Why? Because I'm not a sexually active girl who likes getting drunk?
Pedro - Oh no, I think we all know your choice of poison.
Me - I quit!
Pedro - Yeah, stop lying. It's a break.
Me - *chuckles* April 1st is when I quit, thank you. Since me and Emily....
Pedro - Are you so bored you have to make up stuff to do?
Hahahahahhahahaahah, still gets me smiling, really.
I just think that, when he moves down here again, he wants to do the dirty deed with me, again... Which I won't. I refuse until I go to college and get a job.. Then I'm all up in it almost in a simultaneous way.

Mmmm.
Phil Collins just shuffled on.
BILLY, DON'T YOU LOSE MY NUMBERRR.... 'CAUSE YOU'RE NOT ANYWHERE THAT I CAN FIND YOU...

Have any of you heard of Foxy Shazam? A month or so ago, Casey texted me, 'Do you like Foxy Shazam?'
Of course, never, ever hearing that name I assumed she was drunk and I never answered back, hahaha.
Anyway, the other day when me, Susanna and Casey had lunch, I mentioned I thought she was drunk when she texted me that... So, I went home, checked them and they're pretty rad. Check 'em.

ps - I finished Treasure Island by R.L. Stevenson, FINALLY. Every time I wanted to finish it, something came up. But, I did, and haha. I LOVED the ending line. PIECES OF EIGHT. The other day, coming out of the shower, with my mirror fogged, I drew a little sail boat and Long John Silver, haha. On the other side of them, is a bread-sack stuffed with treasure. Then, I made a little dot for a parrot screeching, "PIECES OF EIGHT, PIECES OF EIGHT..." and in a little quote stemming from Mr Silver, "Yo-ho and a bottle of rum!"
Yes, I do have a large mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment