labels

real-life convos (240) pictures (185) news (165) tv (64) animals (56) cricket (56) reviews (51) books (50) to knit (46) ideas (42) musically (41) lists (36) dreams (35) youtube (22) color-raped (19) texts (19) pranks (14) gaming (10) anniversary posts (7)

Saturday, April 18, 2009

♪: nelly furtado - promiscuous

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Today has been fantastic!
No, seriously.

Me and my sister went to the Southern Kentucky Book Festival and spent four hours there, phew. Chuck Barris didn't show, which made me really aggravated and disappointed. But he's famous, what did they expect? ANYWAY. I did get to meet Dennis Calero who drew a DETAILED smiley face for me (because I requested exactly that, haha).

I also explained my love for gory zombie crap and he recommended 'The Walking Dead' comic. So, whenever I get a chance, I'm going to get it. His illustrations for 28 Days Later: The Aftermath were pretty rad, haha. He even opened the book, turned to a page and went, "C'mon, this guy's eye is coming out," and hands me the book. Haha.
Before him, I was talking with David Jack Bell about his little zombie book. I bought it, he signed it (I'm a goober for good zombie fiction). I hardly ever see them around, it makes me sad :( I'm planning on writing a book on zombies... And why the hell not? Nice, gory, raunchy zombies. ANYWAY.

I even went to his presentation with all the other Thrillers and Mystery writers. Before they started, I talked for a good fifteen minutes with Rick Robinson. Somehow we got into my writing and how to publish it and he told me how, haha. A very kind man. If you like political murders and all that jazz, he's the guy for you.
Overall, I made a lot of people laugh, etc... Even when I was just talking with Mr Bell, the two neighboring authors around him tried to seem coy about listening in, but they were laughing, you could tell.
Even made a good, hearty, funny conversation about Beowulf with a woman who wrote from the POV of Grendel's mother. Pretty rad.
"Yeah, I'm not sure about Angelina Jolie playing in that movie."
"I understand, trust me, but she's very pretty and Beowulf just wouldn't have anyone."

Last night, though, PHEW. I went to a party with Sean. He's gay, all his friends are either gay or girls, sooooo. He said it would be a simple board game playing party and it wasn't. Drinking and all that, which is cool. Made a few people laugh, went social, tired as hell (I had been up since 6AM - work and it was nearing midnight). Think I made a cool new gay friend. Well, me and him talked the most at the party.
THEY WERE ALL SO GAY. I had never been around that many gay men before. omg. In the first five minutes everyone arrived I had already learned how to evenly apply tanning lotion and use latex glove while applying; not only that, but dab on the knees so they don't come out looking nasty. They were all discussing Play (some gay dance club) they went to, and how the straight guys winning the dance contest sucked ass because they couldn't hit on them and it wasn't fair, haha.
But I had a curfew, so it was short-lived.

But I just went to Sean's myspace, to see if he had added any pictures of the night to show you, and he didn't. But, I found some from where me and him walked around Down Town:


AND, not a pic from downtown, but last Halloween when I went to an old friend's halloween party (since this one is too big, I'm going to make it a link):
HAHAHAH, look at my reaction to Melissa's tongue!!

No comments:

Post a Comment