labels

real-life convos (240) pictures (185) news (165) tv (64) animals (56) cricket (56) reviews (51) books (50) to knit (46) ideas (42) musically (41) lists (36) dreams (35) youtube (22) color-raped (19) texts (19) pranks (14) gaming (10) anniversary posts (7)

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

♪: missy elliot - work it

At Barnes and Noble, determined to finally read The Little Mermaid, I sat there for half an hour, reading it. And what a morbid, surprising short story that was! I love the way Disney just remodels the true essence of stories. Haha. That was sarcastic. The ending seemed to end before the last three paragraphs. I think he added quickly, since it's a children's story, really. But, I love Han Christian Anderson. Haha. I'm working on his other works. I'm reading Thumbelina next. No, seriously though, The Little Mermaid was a tad morbid. Awesome, but weird, haha. What if he had gone in more detail with everything? It could be a manly version of Mary Shelley (if she liked Fantasy).

FINALLY FINISHED The Lazarus Project!! It feels as if it took me forever to finish that beast. I read the first sixty-five pages, got bored and quit reading it for a month. Then, determined to finish it, I did and ... Wow, I underestimated that novel. READ IT. It took me eighty pages to be fully enthralled, but it was really, really brilliant. I hate when I do this. Slow start, but a good ending. I wish I could write with as many deluded details he points out, but not excessively like Chuck Palahniuk. I'll be honest, I was NOT expecting the ending. In a way, if I paid attention, I should have seen it coming... Sadly, I didn't and that kills me, haha.

Last Month I finished:
The Lazarus Project by Aleksandar Hemon
The Little Mermaid by Han Christian Andersen
You Suck by Christopher Moore
Blood-Sucking Fiends by Christopher Moore
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by RL Stevenson
Watch Your Mouth by Daniel Handler

From December to March I finished:
Christopher Moore - A Dirty Job
Stephen King - Dolores Claiborne
Stephen King - Carrie
Larry Doyle - I love you, Beth Cooper
Anne Rice - The Vampire Lestat
Anne Rice - Queen of the Damned
Thomas Foster - How to Read Literature Like A Professor
Edgar Allen Poe - The Oval Portrait
Edgar Allen Poe - The Pit and the Pendulum

I'm thinking I need more of a social life. Naw. I just need a job, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment