labels

real-life convos (240) pictures (185) news (165) tv (64) animals (56) cricket (56) reviews (51) books (50) to knit (46) ideas (42) musically (41) lists (36) dreams (35) youtube (22) color-raped (19) texts (19) pranks (14) gaming (10) anniversary posts (7)

Monday, June 8, 2009

♪: pink - sober

Haha, the song fits today's subject:
If you are to follow this link you will read a very confusing story about what happened last night. Nothing horrible (well, it could have gone horrible in a split second, but ehhh), just, you know.

After breaking our sobriety, we talked to Stacy and Jay and decided we all wanted to go to this 'haunted house' in Oakland. We go, park beside a bus in a church parking lot and head out. The 'haunted house' was a very large, scary looking thing from the outside. If you wanted a traditional 'haunted house' material, this was it. Inside was trashed. Everything from the owners was left behind. EVERYTHING. Journals, datebooks, postcards, Christmas cards, sheets, clothes, pictures, books, bank statements, whiskey bottles (haha) and halloween costumes. Cricket found an old pair of Chinese slippers she loves ('old man shoes'), Stacy found an old Whiskey bottle (her and Cricket collect), and Jay found, after Cricket did, an old National Geographic from 1938 (Had an advertisement for coke on the back, haha).
I kept having a bad feeling and I whined to leave. My bad feelings are usually right, you know. They light up, I take a few hits, Cricket does and Jay does (since it was his). Stacy can't, she's prego. AND FINALLY WE LEAVE. We're walking back to our car when this cop is crawling beside us, giving us the one-over. I'm not worried a bit. I did, however, keep telling myself 'Don't look at the car as he's passing, don't look at the car as he's passing...'
So, as he's passing, I'm looking at his car, and everyone speeds up a notch. He turns the corner and we're walking as fast as we can without us looking 'suspicious' and finally, when we're halfway through the parking lot, I see the headlights coming back.
We all get in the car, doing the routinely thing to do (buckling, adjusting mirrors, rolling down windows). Cricket asks two or three times, 'Do I pull out or wait for him?'
The man who has been in jail for five years and is on probation probably rolled his eyes and sighed, haha. That's what I pictured in my head.
The cop comes out of the car, intensity in the car, I'm smiling stupidly. And as he comes into view, I notice he's a short, tan, buff Asian man who is very goodlooking. I see Cricket doing her smile, Jay trying to not look obvious and the officer leans in the car.
I noticed he wasn't wearing his uniform :( I loveeee uniforms on men, don't ask me why, ahhh. He just had his vest and a white t-shirt on.
"We got a call about some suspicious parking and people. Any idea?"
"Nope, not at all," we all answered together.
"There have been some suspicious break ins lately."
"Oh, yeah, I heard about that..." I said, thinking back to when the ADT guy came to my house and told me about it to sell his junk, haaaaa.
"You all aren't headed out of town are you?"
"Nope, she lives in Smiths Grove," Cricket said, pointing to me.
"Yeah, I live on 68/80." I pointed to the cop, but meant to point where 68/80 should be.
"I live on Louisville Rd." Jay spoke up.
The Adorable Cop continued, "Okay, then, have a safe night."
We leave and, haha, as we're all driving out, the cop follows us to the end of Oakland. As soon as he's not tailing us, the tension left the car a bit. I look at Cricket and notice how un-sober she is and how hard she's trying to drive. I click my teeth then turn to the two in the back and say cheerfully, "What a buzzkill, right?" Two seconds later, Stacy laughed, haha.
I talked about my sister, then said, "No, she's the same way with men as I am."
Stacy said, "What, a lesbian?"
"Haha, noooo. She's not."
Cricket smiled at me and said, "She just called you a lesbian."
"Heyyy! I didn't catch that, hahahaha."

That's about it for that story. We had more, but yeah.

OH! Cricket picked a 4-leaf Clover and gave it to me:

(i'm holding it and Cricket's doing the peace sign)
YOU STILL HAVE IT IN THE PURPLE TUBE, I WANT IT BACKKKK.

1 comment:

  1. No I dont, we took it out of the purple tube and set it on the pillow...I thought you took it home with you? Ill look for it for you darling... ^_^

    ReplyDelete