labels

real-life convos (240) pictures (185) news (165) tv (64) animals (56) cricket (56) reviews (51) books (50) to knit (46) ideas (42) musically (41) lists (36) dreams (35) youtube (22) color-raped (19) texts (19) pranks (14) gaming (10) anniversary posts (7)

Thursday, July 16, 2009

♪: the pumpkin head - メロン記念日


I miss the Pumpkin Head so badly. They were my #1 bad for a couple years. I've known them since 2005 (when they started to release CDs instead of live-only releases). Frypan was my man, haha (the clown guy). The split-up in 2007 and it literally broke my heart.
To actually find a quality Japanese INDIE band is as hard as trying to find a needle in a haystack.
I even bought some DVDs of theirs, a couple of albums AND FOR WHAT, haha.
So, then I turned my full attention to Miyavi. Which could have been a good and bad thing. For one, I bought Miyavi's entire discography. Not lives, I never watch them - waste of money.
Favourite song? くちづけ (kuchizuke).
This is what I have of them -
the Pumpkin Head - the murder mansion (Limited Edition)
the Pumpkin Head - 「エド・ゲインにおめでとうって言われた。」
the Pumpkin Head - DVD「エド・ゲインにおめでとうって言われた。」
the Pumpkin Head - ミスロマンチスト
the Pumpkin Head - Mr.Underground
Why go on some boring rant?
I MISS THEM SO MUCH.
I haven't had a band where I like mostly all their songs besides Dir en grey and Miyavi.
It's rare.
Sad part about their breakup is the point that two of the band members went to do very bad bands. Where my ears melt off my head if I listen to them. The style of the band is vomitacious. Frypan is inactive since he did some songs with a really popular gay man in the Japanese Indie Rock scene. They had controversial pictures (I own their CDs too haha). I want them back :(

"Cockroaches are amazing. I mean, they can live without their heads, if it wasn't for the whole starving to death thing. That's how brainless they are."
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

No comments:

Post a Comment