labels

real-life convos (240) pictures (185) news (165) tv (64) animals (56) cricket (56) reviews (51) books (50) to knit (46) ideas (42) musically (41) lists (36) dreams (35) youtube (22) color-raped (19) texts (19) pranks (14) gaming (10) anniversary posts (7)

Monday, March 2, 2009

♪: conway twitty - i'd love to lay you down

So, about an hour or so ago I finished 'Queen of the Damned.'
Now that I recap, I realize how utterly bland that book was... How little drama there truly was. Even the meaning behind the Queen's actions were so fucking stupid I wanted to weep before Ms Rice and just complain. Like a God ignoring the meaning of life. But, the only reason I still manage to love this author is for the way she untangles the knot of Vampire history she virtually created. I love the way she took that knot and made it her bitch. She made that tangled web a cat's cradle.
Other than her most famous character ruling and dying in some way, and the way she connected every detail very elegantly, the way she made feeling conveyed very sensually, there really is nothing else for me in her writing.
I will still read at least two more of her books and that's about it, haha.
And, a modern writer, she writes as elegantly as those 19th century writers. That's the one talent of hers I truly loathe. I'm jealous.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh, Conway Twitty....he used to have his own theme park in Tennessee, "Twitty City"... that dude had some killer hair..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to go to that, wearing one of his wigs.

    ReplyDelete